Cookies are encrypted text files that the website sends to your browser and are stored on the user's device in order to store and retrieve information about browsing done from the device (computer, mobile phone, tablet etc.).
There are several types of cookies, depending on their permanence and the purpose for which the data collected through cookies is used.
Accordingly, cookies may either be "session cookies", which expire when the user concludes browsing and closes the browser, or "permanent cookies", which expire when their intended function has been fulfilled or when the user deletes them.
Likewise, depending on their purpose, cookies may be:
- Analytical Cookies: Analytical Cookies collect information to assess each user’s movements through the website and the general activity on the site. Web analytics involves the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of Internet data for the purposes of understanding and optimizing website usage.
- Social Cookies: Social Cookies are required for external social networks. Their function is to control the interaction with social buttons on the website.
- Technical Cookies: Technical cookies are ones that are strictly necessary for the use of this website. They allow the user to browse through the webpage or application, as well as the use of different options or services.
- Customisation Cookies: These cookies allow the user to specify or customize some features of the general settings of the web page; for example, set the language, locale or browser type.
- Third-party cookies: Third-party cookies may be installed on some webpages that facilitate the management and improvement of services offered.
To manage cookies from your device, you may expressly agree to use them, block or delete them. If none of the above are done and browsing continues on the website, this shall be interpreted as having agreed to use them.
Following are instructions for adjusting cookies setting on the major browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
For more information, see Microsoft support or the browser’s Help section.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings.
For more information, see Mozilla support or the browser’s Help section.
- Chrome: Settings -> Show Advanced Options -> Privacy -> Content Settings.
For more information, see Google support or the browser’s Help section.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security.
For more information, see the Apple support or the browser’s Help section.
Blocking cookies may cause certain services or functions on the website to become unavailable.
To offer visitors more options regarding how Google Analytics collects their data, Google has developed the Opt-out Browser Add-on:
http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. By installing this add-on, information collected will not be sent to Google Analytics.